Accounting Associate | Freethink
Freethink is a media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing world. We release short-form documentaries profiling innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
Our core teams in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, and DC are joined by a growing network of Directors, Editors, Composers, Designers, Journalists, Developers and more all around the country. Together, we're building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
- Exposure to unique and effective creative processes for documentary storytelling.
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company.
What You'll Do
- Provide accounting-related support to Freethink’s accountants and executive team
- Provide employee support especially with new hires by issuing their company charge cards and training them on the Expensify process
- Generate Accounts Receivable invoice drafts and track their payment status
- Provide support to team of video Producers especially in preparing Accounts Payable invoices for payment (which is managed through Bill.com by accountants)
- Responsible for the team’s monthly completion of their Expensify reports, assisting as needed and reviewing reports for accuracy
- Once above responsibilities are mastered, provide support to the executive team in monitoring cash flow by carefully tracking Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable amounts and timing
What You’ll Need
- Positive, hard-working, can-do attitude
- Exceptional discretion and professionalism
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow through
- High level of interest in the field of accounting and/or executive assistance and a continuous learning mindset
- Sense of initiative
- 1+ years of experience in a role with similar responsibilities
- Proficiency with QuickBooks is a plus
- Familiarity with Expensify is a plus
To apply, email the hiring manager at [email protected]. Please include a resume.