Animator / Editor | Big Think
Do you have a curious, ambitious, mission-driven mind? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that depends on you for results? Then come join Big Think!
Big Think is the platform for thought leadership. On Big Think, you can explore the world's biggest questions with the world's biggest thinkers, through incredible interviews, fascinating articles and amazing podcasts. We make our audience 'smarter faster' by introducing them to the world's most inspiring minds and ideas today.
Recently Big Think and our e-Learning platform, Big Think Edge, were acquired by Freethink, a platform for people and ideas that are changing the world.
Our core teams in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, and DC are joined by a growing network of Directors, Editors, Composers, Designers, Journalists, Developers and more all around the country. Together, we're building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
- Fulfillment in telling meaningful, thought-provoking stories
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
What You'll Do
Big Think is looking for a full-time Animator / Editor to join our growing video team and aid in the creation of animations for Big Think videos. The Animator / Editor works with the video team to add compelling motion graphics, incorporating Big Think original footage, graphics, text, and other supporting elements to deliver a cohesive visual product for the Big Think audience.
Sometimes the Animator / Editor will work collaboratively alongside a video editor to complement the piece by adding compelling, original motion graphics, while other times they would helm mograph-intensive edits themselves.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create compelling and creative visuals consistent with Big Think’s style
- Create style and storyboards to guide the design process for videos
- Collaborate with Producers to execute the vision for a piece
- Consistently innovate on and experiment with design elements for videos
- Execute creative editing and complex storytelling techniques efficiently
- Manage multiple ongoing video projects
- Maintain a strong understanding of Big Think’s voice and approach
What You’ll Need
- Must have at least 4 years of experience working as an animator in television or online media production
- Experience in motion design/animation with Adobe After Effects
- Ability to research stock and archival assets for use in animations
- Stop-motion, drawing, painting, and nearly any other creative skill is a plus
- Ability to use Cinema 4D or equivalent 3D design programs is a plus
- Professional-level experience with Premiere Pro
- Proven history of editing impactful stories
- Display a passion for storytelling
- Knowledge of broader trends in motion design and what competitors are doing in video
To apply, please submit your resume and reel to [email protected].