Brand Sales Director - New York / DC / San Francisco
Are you tired of cynical news and shallow click bait? Are you driven by the idea of helping a small team grow in an entrepreneurial environment that depends on you for results? Then come join Freethink! You won’t sell ads - people hate ads. You will sell the ability for the world’s most innovative brands to tell stories about why their work matters. Like this. Or this.
Media experience is not a prerequisite. We’re looking for Challenger sellers who have 5+ years experience selling $75k+ products or services. You should be an expert in serving as a trusted partner for your prospects, helping them diagnose and understand their business challenges, and crafting custom solutions which meet their needs to provide long term value.
About Us: Freethink is a digital publisher bringing you smarter news from the edges of our changing world. Our original reporting and premium, short documentaries profile innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference. Watch this video to see what we're all about!
Our core teams in New York City, DC, San Francisco, Denver and Los Angeles are joined by a growing network of directors, editors, composers, designers, journalists, developers and more all around the world. Together, we’re building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, smart, authentic, and ambitious (with no click bait).
What you'll get out of this opportunity
- Collaborative culture, flexible work environment, and direct access to senior leadership
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission
- Advancement opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Significant influence and autonomy to shape your role
- A sense of purpose derived from telling meaningful, important, and positive stories
What you'll do
- Schedule Initial Meetings - Lean on your current network, research good-fit prospects within your account list, and work closely with an associate to schedule new meetings. You’ll meet with about 10 new contacts each month to build your initial sales pipeline. Initial meetings are typically conducted by phone.
- Sell - You’ll spend the majority of your time focusing on how to crack the 50 or so accounts within your territory. You’ll understand their product lines, business units, org structures, key decision makers, recent news, and budget considerations. You know how to identify their marketing challenges because you’re an expert in asking the right SPIN questions. You have a perspective on how we can help them with our innovative approach. You are super organized and proactively push updates about your progress. You use Salesforce to efficiently communicate updates about individual opportunities, the overall health of your business, and to accurately forecast revenue. Expect to travel 1-2 times per quarter (yah know, post COVID).
- Renew & Grow - Once you close new business you will also be responsible for renewing and growing that partnership. You’ll work closely with a partner services manager and our production team to oversee campaign execution, spot opportunities to provide more value (upsells and product development), and renew/grow those partnerships following the initial campaign.
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter (optional)