This is the most exciting time to work in media since the dawn of cable television (perhaps since the dawn of television itself), and we intend to make the most of it. We’re producing, marketing and distributing an aggressive slate of written and video content. But we know that our work doesn’t end when we publish a story. We care deeply about engaging with and responding to our growing audience of millennial leaders.
That’s where you come in.
About the Role
We are looking for a community manager to help program our content across a variety of social media channels, engage with our audience, track performance, and keep abreast of social trends. Our ideal candidate would have experience managing social accounts for a digital brand and excel both at amplifying and promoting our existing editorial offerings as well as surfacing insights from our audience to help shape future content.
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of Freethink social accounts with an eye towards increasing engagement, followers, and referrals to Freethink.com
- Write compelling copy to promote Freethink videos and articles on a daily basis
- Curate third-party content to further engage our community
- Track performance and identify opportunities for continual improvement
- Work with publishing team to surface insights from content performance, comments, and reader surveys to help the editorial team create better content that our audience loves and wants to share.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Passion for journalism and storytelling
- Experience managing social accounts for a newsroom, brand, or non-profit
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in fast-paced setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Openness to feedback and challenge
- A desire for continuous learning and improvement
Freethink is a new media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing world. We release articles and videos profiling innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
Our core teams in New York City, Los Angeles, and DC are joined by a growing network of directors, editors, composers, designers, journalists, developers and more all around the world. Together, we’re building the kind of company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.