Editor / Animator | Big Think
Do you have a curious, ambitious, mission-driven mind? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that depends on you for results? Then come join Big Think!
Big Think is the platform for thought leadership. On Big Think, you can explore the world's biggest questions with the world's biggest thinkers, through incredible interviews, fascinating articles and amazing podcasts. We make our audience 'smarter faster' by introducing them to the world's most inspiring minds and ideas today.
Recently Big Think and our e-Learning platform, Big Think Edge, were acquired by Freethink, a platform for people and ideas that are changing the world.
Our core teams in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, and DC are joined by a growing network of Directors, Editors, Composers, Designers, Journalists, Developers and more all around the country. Together, we're building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
- Fulfillment in telling meaningful, thought-provoking stories
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
What You'll Do
The Editor / Animator is a full-time position responsible for editing Big Think’s biggest interviews. Working with producers, they craft compelling and inspiring videos which get released on Bigthink.com and across our social platforms. We are looking for someone who is passionate about ideas and capable of meticulously editing down hours of raw interview material into a beautiful video that captures our audience’s attention through the credits.
Sometimes the Editor / Animator will work collaboratively alongside an animator to complement the piece by adding compelling, original motion graphics, while other times they would incorporate mograph elements themselves.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain a strong understanding of Big Think’s voice and approach
- Execute creative editing and complex storytelling techniques efficiently
- Produce excellent work under tight deadlines
- Craft engaging sound design to elevate the story
- Work with producers to carry out their vision
- Coordinate with Post Supervisors to meet deadlines
- Manage multiple ongoing projects
- Create compelling and creative visuals consistent with Big Think’s style
- Create style and storyboards to guide the design process for videos
- Collaborate with Producers to execute the vision for a piece
- Consistently innovate on and experiment with design elements for videos
What You’ll Need
- Must have at least 3 years experience editing documentaries for television or online media companies
- Must have professional-level experience with Premiere Pro
- Proven history of editing impactful stories
- Eager to take initiative on storytelling in post-production
- Must display high-level knowledge of story structure
- Must be highly organized with file and folder structures
- Desire to always be improving your craft
- Experience in motion design/animation with Adobe After Effects
- Ability to research stock and archival assets for use in animations
- Ability to use Cinema 4D or equivalent 3D design programs is a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and reel to [email protected].