Growth Marketing Manager - Publishing Team
Are you interesting in growing the next big media company? Does scaling a community of changemakers and big thinkers excite you? Are you an out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for SEO, inbound marketing, and developing relationships with influencers? Join the Freethink Publishing team and help us build the community that’s changing the world.
Freethink is a new media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing world. We release short-form videos profiling innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
Our core teams in New York City, Los Angeles, and DC are joined by a growing network of directors, editors, composers, designers, journalists, developers and more all around the world. Together, we’re building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.
What you’ll get out of this opportunity
- Collaborative, positive, and flexible culture in a startup environment
- Accelerated career-advancement opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Ability to make a direct, meaningful impact on the success of the business and to shape your role while working closely with the Publishing team and reporting directly to the CMO
- An experimental atmosphere where failing is not only OK, it’s necessary to grow. All creative ideas welcome.
Who you are
- Inbound Marketer - You have a background in organic search and understand the power of keyword-rich content and high quality link building.
- Analyst - Starting off your days in Google Analytics and Youtube Analytics feels comfortable to you. You find stories in the data and allow them to guide your experiments and tactics.
- Problem Solver - How can we hit 1MM Youtube Subscribers as fast as possible? How do we 10X our website uniques in in 6 months? If these questions excite you then you are in the right place.
- Self-starter - We don’t have all the answers. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to take an idea and run with it.
- Experimental - Our team is fearless and not afraid to fail. You are someone that isn’t afraid to try new experiments and use data to improve.
- Outcome-oriented - You understand the business and focus on high-value opportunities. You can cite the outcomes that your previous projects have generated.
What you’ll do
What you’ll do
- Using Moz, Google Analytics, and other digital tools, develop and execute an inbound marketing strategy that will significantly impact our traffic, video views, and new subscribers
- Develop and execute a testing framework for improving conversion of visitors to subscribers on our website.
- Identify and develop brand partnerships/influencer opportunities across social platforms that can be leveraged to grow and maintain the Freethink community
- Assist in the day-to-day execution of campaigns across key acquisition channels, including paid social, email, digital display
- Work directly with the Publishing team to brainstorm new growth opportunities and develop detailed implementation strategies
- Set success criteria, measure impact, and evolve tactics as you learn
- Maintain constant knowledge of industry news, current trends and integrated marketing strategies and events
- Proven experience growing website traffic and increasing conversions using inbound marketing tactics
- Extensive experience using Google Analytics, Moz, or similar tools for identifying and tracking growth opportunities
- Experience increasing Youtube views and subscribers via SEO or influencer relationships
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, initiative, motivation, and a track record of “getting it done.”
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills; ability to influence others and drive decisions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced environment – have proven prioritization and decision-making abilities.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter