Motion Designer / Animator
Freethink is a new media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing world. We report stories about the innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
Freethink is looking for a Motion Designer / Animator to join our growing video team and aid in the creation of animations for Freethink videos. The Motion Designer / Animator works with the video team to add compelling motion graphics, incorporating Freethink original footage, graphics, text, and other supporting elements to deliver a cohesive visual product for the Freethink audience.
The Motion Designer / Animator will work alongside a video editor to complement the piece by adding compelling, original motion graphics, while other times they would helm mograph-intensive edits themselves.
This is a full-time position.
Must have at least 4 years experience working as a motion designer and animator in television or online media production.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Experience in motion design/animation with Adobe After Effects
- Proficiency in Cinema 4D or equivalent 3D design programs
- Knowledge and familiarity of Adobe Premiere Pro
- Stop-motion, drawing, painting, and nearly any other creative skills is a plus
- Create compelling and creative visuals consistent with Freethink's style
- Create style and storyboards to guide the design process for videos
- Collaborate with Directors to execute the vision for a piece
- Consistently innovate on and experiment with design elements for videos
- Ability to research stock and archival assets for use in animations
- Manage multiple ongoing video projects
- Have proven editing and design experience
- Display a passion for storytelling
- Knowledge of broader trends in motion design and what competitors are doing in video
To apply, please submit your resume and reel to email@example.com.