Multimedia Editor and Designer
Freethink is a new media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing world. We report stories about the innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
About the Role
The Multimedia Editor and Designer is responsible for creating unique videos optimized for our social platforms. Alongside a Director, the Multimedia Editor and Designer Production will own molding stories while pairing them with compelling visuals, including original footage, graphics, text, and other supporting elements. This position will have a hand in developing the visual style of Freethink multimedia videos. Preferred location is DC office but not required.
Must have at least 1 year experience working as an editor or designer in television or online media production.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Create engaging and interesting stories consistent with Freethink’s style
- Support the stories with compelling and creative visuals
- Collaborate with a Multimedia Director to execute the vision for a piece
- Consistently innovate on and experiment with design elements for multimedia videos
- Manage multiple ongoing video projects
- Be able to produce excellent work under tight deadlines
- Have proven editing and design experience
- Possess a mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Display a passion for storytelling
To apply, please submit your resume to to email@example.com