Are you driven by efficiency and effectiveness, and affecting positive change in the world? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that depends on you for results? Then come join Freethink!
Freethink is a new media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing world. We release short-form videos profiling innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
Our core teams in New York City, Los Angeles, and DC are joined by a growing network of directors, editors, composers, designers, journalists, developers and more all around the world. Together, we’re building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.
What you’ll get out of this opportunity
- Collaborative culture and mentorship in a startup environment
- Competitive base salary
- Career-advancement opportunities and increased knowledge about operations within a fast-growing company
- Ability to make a direct, meaningful impact on the success of the business reporting directly to the COO
What you’ll do
- Help exec team, video directors, and production managers understand the actual cost of each video and project by interfacing with entire staff and accounting team to ensure expenses are regularly tracked and readily available
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with vendors and independent contractors by helping ensure all payments are processed correctly and on time
- Find opportunities to improve and streamline current systems and processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Oversee office management in the office you’re based in, and assist with office management of other locations including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, DC, and others to come
- Assist with operations components of onboarding of new hires
- Help plan organization retreats and holiday parties
What you’ll need
- Positive, can-do attitude
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proactive nature
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Professional, trustworthy, and uses discretion
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter