Post-Production – Assistant Editor – Washington, DC
Are you driven by a desire for continuous improvement and affecting positive change in the world? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that depends on you for results? Then come join Freethink!
Freethink is a new media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing world. We release short-form videos profiling innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
Our core teams in New York City, Los Angeles, and DC are joined by a growing network of directors, editors, composers, designers, journalists, developers and more all around the world. Together, we’re building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.
What you’ll get out of this opportunity
- Collaborative culture and mentorship in a startup environment
- In-depth and technical understanding of post-production and professional digital video workflows
- Opportunity to have a hand in creating the video content Freethink releases
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Competitive base salary
What you'll do
- Organize - You will be the first and last person to touch our original videos. Responsibilities will span the entire post-production process from ingesting the footage from production to delivering the finished videos for exhibition.
- Dailies and Support - Sync and color correct footage, organize transcripts and footage. It is your job to do all the technical work to set up an offline editor for creative success.
- Coordinate and Evaluate - Help usher each video through the legal process, evaluating stock and releases.
- Finishing - Keep track of new assets incorporated into each piece during the editing process, such as music, graphical elements. Conform picture in preparation for color grading and conform sound in preparation for post-production sound design and mixing. Package together all final elements, render, and QC final cuts.
What you’ll need
- Positive, hard-working, can-do attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Initiative in solving new problems as they arise, both technical and creative
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly in Premiere Pro. Experience in DaVinci Resolve and After Effects is a plus.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Aptitude for understanding the technical
- Pride in efficient work
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter