Freethink is a media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing world. We release short-form documentaries profiling innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
Our core teams in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, and DC are joined by a growing network of Directors, Editors, Composers, Designers, Journalists, Developers and more all around the country. Together, we’re building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.
What you’ll get out of this opportunity
- Fulfillment in telling meaningful, thought-provoking stories
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary
What you'll do
- Logistics - Usher projects through pre-production and production by planning, scheduling, and coordinating shoots.
- Crew Management - Assemble teams of in-house and freelance filmmakers all over the world.
- Client Management - Work closely with clients for our branded content projects on pre-production and production needs.
- Development - Partner with Directors and Supervising Producers to do research, find potential subjects, and help develop the narrative of our stories.
- Project Management - Interface with the Exec team and department heads to give updates on various projects, report budget/ timeline updates, collaborate on problem solving, and help keep everything on track.
What you’ll need
- Experience production managing long-form or short-form documentaries, in both the office and in the field
- Positive, hard-working, can-do attitude with excellent problem solving skills
- Very strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up and learn quickly
- Great communication skills through written and verbal communication
- Love of our type of storytelling - solutions-based journalism and human-focused documentary
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter