The world is changing — fast — and media is struggling to keep up. Mired in zero-sum thinking and dominated by partisan conflict, today's media is more interested in politics than progress, in assigning blame than finding solutions, and on arriving at easy answers than on navigating hard questions. In a time of unprecedented change, it's not just disappointing, it's dangerous.
Freethink is reimagining the news for a generation that is changing the world.
Our award-winning content takes viewers to the frontiers of our rapidly changing world to meet the entrepreneurs, innovators, artists, and activists who are changing it. And we work with sponsors like Intel, Ford, SAP, Skoll Foundation, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, and Bloomberg Philanthropies to help them do what we do best: tell powerful stories at the intersection of innovation and impact.
About the Role
Freethink is looking for an experienced creative that cares deeply about telling amazing, authentic stories, who has experience working with partners and navigating client input to create great work, and who has a passion for managing and mentoring a team of creatives. As a Supervising Producer, you will manage a small team of directors, producers, and editors to produce editorial and sponsored video content. You will work closely with your team as well as with the Executive Editor and Editor-in-Chief on strategy and performance, and with the Managing Editor on timelines and process. This role has three main areas of responsibility — management, editorial, and sponsored.
Management - You should have experience managing creatives and enjoy the challenge of leading a team and helping support and sharpen their ideas, further their professional development, and ensure they have what they need to do great work while keeping projects on schedule and on budget.
Editorial - Your responsibilities will include working with your directing teams to develop a brand new, flagship show launching in Q1 2021. You will be charged with helping shape the direction of the show from the overall concept through story development and edits of individual episodes.
Sponsored - You will serve as the main creative liaison with partners helping directors translate the client’s objectives into powerful storytelling.
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Helping directors develop their pitches
- Giving detailed notes to directors and editors on video cuts
- Drafting Objectives Briefs for sponsored projects
- Collaborating with the Publishing team to integrate best practices and insights into future work
- Partnering with Sales directors to ensure partners receive the best possible creative from our team and advocating for your team so they can do their best possible work.
- Keeping teams on deadline and on budget
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced setting
- 5+ years of experience managing people
- Experience working with clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Openness to feedback and challenge
- A desire for continuous learning and improvement
To apply, email the hiring manager at [email protected] Please include a resume.
About The Team
Our core teams in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and DC are joined by a growing network of directors, editors, composers, designers, journalists, developers, and more all around the world. Together, we’re building the kind of company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.