7 scientists we are thankful for this Thanksgiving
One of these scientists saved more lives than any other person in history.
The science of climate change in 6 charts
Here's what the science says about climate change — and a few reasons to be optimistic.
Can CRISPR keep the beer flowing?
Researchers are turning to CRISPR to create barley better able to remain dormant in climate change — while being still ready to make beer.
Here’s what the world will look like 4°C warmer
This map, which shows some of the effects a 4°C rise in average temperature could have on the planet.
Students get $5 million from Elon Musk for carbon-removal ideas
An Elon Musk-funded XPrize competition has given teams of students $5 million to develop ideas for carbon removal systems.
AI reveals that the Sahara actually has 1.8 billion trees and shrubs
AI analysis of satellite images sees trees and shrubs where human eyes can't.
Moving endangered species could save them — or turn them into invasive species
As climate change destroys ecosystems, some scientists propose helping animals pack up their bags and move to more hospitable parts of the world. But helping animals migrate is a complicated and fraught task. Now, some scientists want to lay the ground rules for assisted colonization, before the animals become refugees.
We need to rethink global food production to have a shot at our climate goals
Emissions from food alone could use up all of our budget for 1.5°C or 2°C – but we have opportunities to avoid this.
Climate transparency is about to get real with this independent database
A new independent database uses satellite data and AI to track global greenhouse gas emissions in near real-time, boosting climate transparency.
Climate tech is booming — and this is better news than COP26
It’s estimated that 65% of emissions reductions can be achieved by existing technologies. The other 35% will need to come from tech breakthroughs.